Old Settler Days of Olathe Mission
Every Year in September Calvary Chapel Johnson County has the opportunity to set up a booth at Old settlers Days in Olathe.
Our goal is to give the Gospel to all who will listen. It is our desire to make sure people know and understand God's wonderful plan of Salvation. Jesus said we are to go and make disciples of all the nations. Mt. 28:19 We also pray with people and give them bibles or Gospels of John if they desire one. We also encourage other believers to go and share their faith in the great things God has done in their own life.
God's word is so important for our spiritual growth and our daily lives that we need to read and hear from Him daily. Without God's instructions we cannot please Him or get to heaven. God's word say's in Matthew 7:13-14 NLT, "You can enter God's kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose the easy way. But the gate way to life is small, and the road is narrow, and only a few ever find it." So without the word of God to guide us, we could never find that road that leads us to heaven. God's word will guide us, keep us on the road, sustain us and our families spiritually if only we would partake in the spiritual truths that He has provided for us.
Here are some metaphors for the word of God;
- The word is a lamp. Psalm 119:105 it keeps us from stumbling and it shows us where to walk and how to avoid the snares of the devil. Satan is always on the attack.
- The word is a fire. Jeremiah 5:14 it burns away the junk in my life known as wood, hay and stubble. 1 Corinthians 3:11-15. These are things that I trust in to create a life that is self centered, and say "look what I have done." But when I stand before Him (God) all the things that I have done will be tested by fire, and those things done in the flesh will burn, including my good works. Only things done for God in the spirit will last.
- The word is a hammer. Jeremiah 23:29 it breaks the hardest hearts so we can see the need for a savior.
- The word is a seed. Matthew 13:18-23 it grows in our hearts and shows spiritual growth as we continue in His word and share with others.
- The word is a sword. Ephesians 6:17 it is the only weapon we can use against the enemy. Hebrews 4:12 say’s “For the Word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart".
- The most important metaphor for the Word of God is that it is like food, to satisfy spiritual hunger and thirst. John 6:35. We cannot survive long without food or water, eventually we will die. The same thing with God's word, if we do not read it, we will eventually die spiritually.
We also have a number of flyers geared to witnessing to the cults and aberrant theology. We also have a flyer on the King James Only Debate.
These are included below for your edification: (You may copy and print if you like)